Friday, July 4, 2014

Back from PDO

       Just about a week ago, I returned form the KL-YES Abroad National PDO (Pre-departure Orientation) in Washington DC- (in Chevy Chase, Maryland to be exact). All 65 of us YESers stayed at the elegant 4-H center.
It was a lot of fun, but quite serious as well!
     Some of the highlights included....
    the garden in font of the Asian Art Museum
  • Touring an Asian Art Museum- the Thailand Embassy wasn't open for visitors, so instead we visited the Asian Art Museum- for one who isn't exactly a big fan of museums, I'd have to say it was quite nice.                                        
  •  Going to the State Department- Despite the long wait to go through security at the entrance, having to wear uncomfy 'formal' clothes, and being extremely intimidated by the panel of various diplomats and foreign exchange officers, I'm glad my exchange program let us visit the US State Department (loads of thanks and gratitude to the State Department for funding KL-YES Abroad!)
  • Going to The LINCOLN MEMORIAL!- No, it was not my first time to visit the Lincoln Memorial- but that doesn't mean I am not allowed to act like it! I took many pictures, played with the geese and ducks that swam in the reflecting pool, and walked 3/4 of the way to the Washington Memorial

  • Hanging out and chatting with all of the other fabulous YESers at PDO- enough said
  • Eating- (I am a teenager, after all) the 4-H center's cooks are wonderful- and the choices were endless!
  • Everything else that I didn't mention- the airport, the 'workshops', my roommates, etc
Now for some pictures!
the room where we all had the PDO 'workshops'
most of the Thailand group- all but one
the Thailand group and out group leader next to the Asian Art Museum


Saying my last goodbye at the airport

All 65 of us at the Lincoln/Washington Memorials


No comments:

Post a Comment